Symbols

Lately, I've been paying special attention to logos and symbols. I don't know why, but the Ubuntu logo caught my eye in a way that I haven't thought of before. Am I reading too much into this, or is there something more behind that friendly logo of ours? :)

biohazard.pngradiation.gifubuntu.png

1. Anonymous using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Ubuntu | June 20, 2007 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

Two questions:

(1) Why is ubuntu aesthetically so ugly (indeed the ugliest of the three)?

(2) What's the one on the left?

2. Roman Kennke using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Ubuntu | June 21, 2007 at 1:42 am | Permalink

IIRC, the left one is Biohazard.

3. mathew using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Ubuntu | June 21, 2007 at 8:10 am | Permalink

Ugoatu logo?

P.S. Your OpenID login doesn't work.

4. Mario Georgiev using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Windows XP | June 21, 2007 at 10:55 am | Permalink

And so, can You tell us how much Micro$oft paid you to attack the Ubuntu community from the inside? Or they just used Your family as a hostage? :D
    Is this how they try to put pressure on Mark Shuttleworth to sign the evil deal with them?

HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Just kidding!

It is really interestingly similar shapes about the three logos. I hope the third one keeps me passioned about what it represent.

5. Edward A Robinson using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Ubuntu | June 21, 2007 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Ubuntu is spreading like a virus thats the meaning!

6. Joshua Kugler using Konqueror 3.5 on Kubuntu | June 21, 2007 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

My response, which of course, digs in to word definitions, and the like.

7. phoenyx using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Ubuntu | June 22, 2007 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

Oh noes!!1! Ubuntu is a weapon of mass destruction!!!

8. Amy Rose using Konqueror 3.5 on Kubuntu | June 23, 2007 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

I think the Kubuntu "gearheads" logo looks better. :P

I don't like the color scheme in the GNOME breed of Ubuntu.

9. freak132 using Opera 9.21 on Windows 2000 | August 13, 2007 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I just noticed, the ubuntu logo is that of three people holding hands in a cirlce.

It occured to me after i realized each of the dots were a different colour than their respective arc.