I'm Going To Be A Dad!

Yup. You read the title correctly. Hard to believe, isn't it? My wife and I have been waiting for over 8 years to have kids, and finally, the opportunity has presented itself. Through adoption, we will be having a baby girl here in the next week or so. She is due on the 31st (Halloween) and we couldn't be more excited. So much to do, and so little time. At any event, I'm so excited, that I can hardly contain myself. After telling family and friends, I'm announcing it to the world that I"M GOING TO BE A FATHER! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

1. Gabriel Gunderson | October 21, 2007 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Oh man, what a ride you have in front of you!

Congratulations and best of luck!

2. Don Ray | October 21, 2007 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

3. Anon E. Mous | October 21, 2007 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Congratulations. My wife and I are also trying to adopt and it's been a long, difficult journey. I hope things continue to go well. 🙂

4. Jeremy | October 21, 2007 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!! Nothing is as fulfilling for a man then to be a father

5. technofreak | October 21, 2007 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Congratulations Aaron, on getting another title known as "Father of..." 🙂

6. Seth | October 21, 2007 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Wow. Awesome news! Congrats!

7. Awef | October 22, 2007 at 12:11 am | Permalink

Well now that's pretty darn cool... so whacha gonna nickname the Halloween baby?

8. Tim Kersten | October 22, 2007 at 12:24 am | Permalink

Congradulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you man! You just made my day! Such good news can only make you smile 🙂

9. TimothyP | October 22, 2007 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Congratulations m8, that's great news 🙂

10. Joe Smith | October 22, 2007 at 1:00 am | Permalink

Congratulations!!! 🙂

11. Bruno | October 22, 2007 at 1:55 am | Permalink

Congratulations !! By experience, I can tell you it's the best thing going to happen in your life.

Cheers 😀

12. JGJones | October 22, 2007 at 2:41 am | Permalink

Strap yourself in, you're in for a hell of a ride and you'll love it, even during those moments where you think you hate it, you'll still love it 😀

13. Alfredo Layrisse | October 22, 2007 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Congratulations man.
    My wife and I are also expecting our second child. It is the greatest sensation you'll ever have, you'll never be able to eat or sleep like you used to but still ti is the greatest.

14. matthew | October 22, 2007 at 6:58 am | Permalink

That rocks! Congratulations. I have three kids and my life has improved immensely with each addition. Sometimes it's hard, but there is nothing else like being a father.

Again, congrats!!

15. Michael | October 22, 2007 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Mazel tov! How exciting for you! I hope there will be pictures at some point!

16. Aaron | October 22, 2007 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Thanks everyone! This is a really exciting time for us, and I can't wait to bring her home from the hospital!

17. Mint Shows | October 22, 2007 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Congrats!! I have my first little one due on Dec 23rd. By then we'll have had 9 months to prepare, I can't imagine having any best wishes to you and your growing family!

18. Ryan | October 22, 2007 at 7:45 am | Permalink

19. Ian McKellar | October 22, 2007 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Congratulations! I'm not quite there yet but being a parent sounds like an amazing journey!

20. ThaddeusQ | October 22, 2007 at 10:33 am | Permalink

Congratulations! As an adoptee, I think what you're doing is awesome! Way to go!

21. Lasse Havelund | October 22, 2007 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Wow---congrats, Aaron.

22. manchicken | October 22, 2007 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Congratulations! 2008 sounds like it's going to be an interesting year, no?

23. Kevin Mark | October 22, 2007 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Congrats! Parenthood, no matter how it happens, has the same duties and joys. Have fun!

24. Tristan Rhodes | October 23, 2007 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Congrats! This is so amazing that you got the adoption! It must be hard to be ready on such short notice, but just remember that all your baby really needs is love. This is because if you love her, you will make sure her needs are met. She is counting on you.

Good luck Aaron!

25. Francesc Dorca | October 24, 2007 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Hi Aaron,

Parenthood is a really exciting experience.

26. Matt | October 29, 2007 at 11:48 am | Permalink