I'm Going To Be A Dad!

Yup. You read the title correctly. Hard to believe, isn't it? My wife and I have been waiting for over 8 years to have kids, and finally, the opportunity has presented itself. Through adoption, we will be having a baby girl here in the next week or so. She is due on the 31st (Halloween) and we couldn't be more excited. So much to do, and so little time. At any event, I'm so excited, that I can hardly contain myself. After telling family and friends, I'm announcing it to the world that I"M GOING TO BE A FATHER! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

1. Gabriel Gunderson using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu 64 bits | October 21, 2007 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Oh man, what a ride you have in front of you!

Congratulations and best of luck!

2. Don Ray using Konqueror 3.5 on GNU/Linux | October 21, 2007 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!

3. Anon E. Mous using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 21, 2007 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Congratulations. My wife and I are also trying to adopt and it's been a long, difficult journey. I hope things continue to go well. :-)

4. Jeremy using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 21, 2007 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Congratulations!! Nothing is as fulfilling for a man then to be a father

5. technofreak using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 21, 2007 at 11:07 pm | Permalink

Congratulations Aaron, on getting another title known as "Father of..." :)

6. Seth using Safari 522.12.1 on Mac OS | October 21, 2007 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Wow. Awesome news! Congrats!

7. Awef using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on Windows Vista | October 22, 2007 at 12:11 am | Permalink

Well now that's pretty darn cool... so whacha gonna nickname the Halloween baby?

8. Tim Kersten using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 22, 2007 at 12:24 am | Permalink

Congradulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you man! You just made my day! Such good news can only make you smile :-)

9. TimothyP using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on Mac OS | October 22, 2007 at 12:34 am | Permalink

Congratulations m8, that's great news :-)

10. Joe Smith using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 22, 2007 at 1:00 am | Permalink

Congratulations!!! :)

11. Bruno using Swiftfox on GNU/Linux | October 22, 2007 at 1:55 am | Permalink

Congratulations !! By experience, I can tell you it's the best thing going to happen in your life.

Cheers :D

12. JGJones using Opera 9.24 on GNU/Linux | October 22, 2007 at 2:41 am | Permalink

Strap yourself in, you're in for a hell of a ride and you'll love it, even during those moments where you think you hate it, you'll still love it :D

Congratulations!

13. Alfredo Layrisse using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on Windows XP | October 22, 2007 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Congratulations man.
    My wife and I are also expecting our second child. It is the greatest sensation you'll ever have, you'll never be able to eat or sleep like you used to but still ti is the greatest.

14. matthew using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 22, 2007 at 6:58 am | Permalink

That rocks! Congratulations. I have three kids and my life has improved immensely with each addition. Sometimes it's hard, but there is nothing else like being a father.

Again, congrats!!

15. Michael using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 22, 2007 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Mazel tov! How exciting for you! I hope there will be pictures at some point!

16. Aaron using Debian IceWeasel 2.0.0.8 on Debian GNU/Linux 64 bits | October 22, 2007 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Thanks everyone! This is a really exciting time for us, and I can't wait to bring her home from the hospital!

17. Mint Shows using Firefox 2.0.0.4 on Mac OS | October 22, 2007 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Congrats!! I have my first little one due on Dec 23rd. By then we'll have had 9 months to prepare, I can't imagine having any less..so best wishes to you and your growing family!

18. Ryan using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on Windows XP | October 22, 2007 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Congratulations!

19. Ian McKellar using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 22, 2007 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Congratulations! I'm not quite there yet but being a parent sounds like an amazing journey!

Ian

20. ThaddeusQ using Firefox 2.0.0.5 on Fedora | October 22, 2007 at 10:33 am | Permalink

Congratulations! As an adoptee, I think what you're doing is awesome! Way to go!

21. Lasse Havelund using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 22, 2007 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

Wow---congrats, Aaron.

22. manchicken using Konqueror 3.5 on GNU/Linux | October 22, 2007 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Congratulations! 2008 sounds like it's going to be an interesting year, no?

23. Kevin Mark using Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Ubuntu | October 22, 2007 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Congrats! Parenthood, no matter how it happens, has the same duties and joys. Have fun!

24. Tristan Rhodes using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on Ubuntu | October 23, 2007 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Congrats! This is so amazing that you got the adoption! It must be hard to be ready on such short notice, but just remember that all your baby really needs is love. This is because if you love her, you will make sure her needs are met. She is counting on you.

Good luck Aaron!

25. Francesc Dorca using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on Ubuntu | October 24, 2007 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Hi Aaron,

Congratulations!!!

Parenthood is a really exciting experience.

26. Matt using Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP | October 29, 2007 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Congratulations!!! :-)